****** Authorized G&L Dealer *****
Here we have a brand new G&L Tribute Series S-500 Left Handed Electric Guitar. Beautiful Tobacco Burst finish. Maple neck and fingerboard. American made G&L MFD pickups with a push/pull pot to engage pickup combinations of Neck & Bridge or all three pickups on at once. Beautiful high gloss finish that will surely pop on stage. Fit and finish is excellent on these Tribute series which makes them extremely popular. Grab it while you can! Thanks for looking and happy buying!
From G&L’s site….
The G&L S-500™ debuted in 1982 as Leo’s own evolution of the traditional double-cutaway bolt-on axe, delivering innovations including the Dual-Fulcrum™ vibrato and Magnetic Field Design™ single-coil pickups, each designed by Leo Fender† himself. These MFD™ pickups deliver a bright and sparkly top end and robust bottom end, all without losing midrange focus.
You’ll find plenty of punch in the MFD pickups, but what’s surprising is how glassy and detailed they become as you roll back the volume and bass controls, the latter a part of the S-500’s PTB™ (Passive Treble and Bass) system which functions on all three pickups. What’s more, the G&L Tribute® Series S-500 includes a push-pull expander switch on the treble pot to allow neck+bridge or all three pickups together. In a pinch, the neck+bridge combo does a convincing faux ASAT™ Special. Talk about versatile!
The new G&L Tribute Series S-500 features one of Leo’s favorite pairings: the power of MFD pickups mellowed by the high porosity of a nato body. Making the most of this delicious combo is Leo’s Dual-Fulcrum vibrato, a work of engineering art which allows bending up or down with unsurpassed stability, while offering a silky feel through its beefy aluminum vibrato arm.
Leo’s forward-looking spirit is clearly reflected in the S-500, a guitar he designed for players who share that spirit. And now, it’s available at a price within reach of every working musician. Once you play a G&L Tribute Series, you’ll never look back.
- LEFT-HAND in Tobacco Sunburst over nato, 3-ply black pickguard, maple fingerboard, vintage gloss neck finish
- CONSTRUCTION: bolt-on
- SCALE: 25 1/2″
- PICKUPS: Leo Fender†-designed G&L MFD™ single coils made in Fullerton, California
- BODY WOOD: Nato
- NECK WOOD: Hard-Rock Maple with Maple fingerboard
- NECK WIDTH AT NUT: 1 5/8″
- NECK RADIUS: 12″
- NECK PROFILE: medium C
- FRETS: 22 medium jumbo, nickel
- TUNING KEYS: 18:1 ratio, sealed-back
- BRIDGE: Leo Fender-designed G&L Dual-Fulcrum™ vibrato
- CONTROLS: 5-position pickup selector, volume, treble, bass (PTB™ system), push/pull expander on treble pot enabling additional pickup combinations of neck+bridge or all three pickups together.
Sales tax will be collected for all New York residents. Due to new laws in effect, other states are now collecting tax as well. Please note that this is out of our hands. If your state collects sales tax, it will be added to the sale total.
- Payments must be made within 48 hours of Sale/Auction’s end.
Feel free to send a message if you have any questions. We are a full service music store in the Long Island, NY Area.
GOOD LUCK AND HAPPY BUYING!!!